Two murders in the space of fours days: Police seek information into the killing of two men in Brixton Hill and Elephant & Castle


Two people were murdered and two men taken to hospital in three separate incidents over four days.

Lee Casey, 39, was stabbed to death shortly after noon on Thursday in Brixton Hill at the junction with Rush Common.

A man, 33, and a woman, 30, were arrested on Sunday on suspicion of murder after two men, aged 44 and 59, were released on bail.

Detective chief inspector Katherine Goodwin said: “We are following a number of lines of enquiry with a review of CCTV footage and witness statements moving at a pace.

“We have arrested four people, however the investigation is still in its early stages and I believe that there may be others who saw what happened or may know who was involved.

“We are piecing together a schedule of events leading up to this horrific murder and your information, no matter how insignificant it may seem, could be the small detail that completes the picture.”

Elephant and Castle Tube station, the area where the second fatal stabbing took place

Another man died on Monday morning after being stabbed near Elephant and Castle Tube station on Sunday at around 11.30pm.

He was found with another man also suffering from stab wounds who remains in hospital in a serious condition.
Two men were arrested on suspicion of violent disorder and remain in police custody.

Detective Chief Inspector Sam Blackburn said: “This was a shocking act of violence and we are working tirelessly to identify and trace those responsible.

“At this time we believe there was an altercation between two groups of men inside the Underground station, and it is here the victims sustained their injuries before making their way on to the street.

On Friday, at around 5.30pm, a 21-year-old man was stabbed in Croydon High Street and police believe his phone and watch had also been stolen.

The man was taken to hospital where his condition is not life-threatening or life-changing.

Three men – aged 19, 20 and 22 – have been arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and taken into custody.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *