A man has been jailed for 16 years following a shooting.
On Thursday, John Paul Emeh, 35, of Sixth Avenue, North Kensington was sentenced to 16 years for possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life, and 15 years for GBH with intent.
Both will be served concurrently. Emeh was also placed on a 21-year licence and given an indefinite restraining order against the victim and witnesses in the case.
The court heard that on July 22 last year, Emeh was lying in wait for his victim to leave a venue in Western Road, East Acton.
At around 4.30am, he saw the 50-year-old man alongside four friends and confronted him before shooting him in the thigh with a small handgun from his pocket.
He then attempted to shoot him for a second time but due to a mechanical failure, the gun did not discharge.
Emeh then fled the scene on a moped.
The victim required surgery to his leg and later told police he had been in a dispute with the suspect over the purchase of a Range Rover and that he had known him only as ‘Mustafa’ and ‘Yousef’.
Following an investigation led by the Met’s Trident and Area Crime Command, Emeh was arrested on September 28 last year and charged, before being remanded in custody.
Detective Constable Michael Clinch, who led the investigation, said: “This was a targeted and violent attack and we are pleased Emeh is no longer on our streets.
“The victim in this case was extremely fortunate not to suffer further injuries and we hope this sentence provides him with some closure.”