Karl Robinson rubbishes Ezri Konsa reports – and says his phone is now broken and he can’t be contacted

Karl Robinson says he may just be uncontactable for the last few days of the transfer window – as his phone is broken and he’s feeling under the weather.

The Addicks boss quipped that he will be looking to go off-grid with Wednesday’s deadline day looming and star defender Ezri Konsa still at the club – whislt rubbishing reports that a fee of £8m had been agreed between the South Londoners and Premier League outfit Brighton – saying that they were untrue.

“I’m not well. I can’t be contacted for three days,” joked the Charlton chief.

“I think I’m going to be ill for a few days. And my phone’s broken, weirdly. So no one can contact me.”

“You worry about every one of your talented players,” responded the Liverpudlian when asked about centre-back Konsa, who has also been linked to Merseyside giants Liverpool and Everton.

“The unpredictably of the game is what it is. And all them five or six premier league scouts that were here to watch him today (for the postponed game with Blackpool). That’s a shame, isn’t it”.

“That’s not true (that a fee of £8m had been agreed between Charlton the the Seagulls)”

2 thoughts on “Karl Robinson rubbishes Ezri Konsa reports – and says his phone is now broken and he can’t be contacted

  • 27th January 2018 at 5:30 pm
    Permalink

    Yes I don’t blame Karl glad he’s off line to give himself a break, trying to encourage a football team being gagged

    Reply
  • 29th January 2018 at 1:48 pm
    Permalink

    I feel for Karl with very limited money only players wages being used for more bodies in and if Konsa did go he would be well down the pecking order he has plenty of time has got his age behind him also just keep him where he is its the greedy agents who want to make money along with the greedy Owner who just couldn’t care less.

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *