A sexual predator thought to have carried out nine attacks on girls as young as 11 may have assaulted even more females, police believe.
Officers in Greenwich and Lewisham are investigating a series of sexual offences committed against nine victims, seven of them children, in South-east London.
Three of the assaults happened inside 45 minutes on the same day in Kidbrooke Park Road.
The victims, over a period of four months, were three girls aged 11, four girls aged 13 and two women aged 25 and 27.
Detectives have released CCTV images of a man leaving the scene of an incident in Liskeard Gardens, and have appealed to the public to help identify him.
In all cases, the attacker had approached the victim and sexually touched them before running from the scene on foot.
Superintendent Lee Hill, of Greenwich police, said: “These incidents were very frightening for the victims. I am appealing to the public to help identify and locate this man as quickly as possible.
“None of the victims have suffered physical injury, but the effects of becoming a victim of sexual assault can be lasting and traumatic.
“There is a possibility that these incidents are part of a linked series of attacks as a number of victims have provided very similar descriptions of the attacker – a white man aged between 40 and 50 years old, with short white or blonde hair. This is one line of enquiry detectives are exploring.
“I am concerned that there may be more victims who have not yet come forward and are not receiving the support that they may need. I would urge any victims who have not yet come forward to contact police.
“While efforts to trace the person or people behind these attacks progress, police patrols in the area have been increased and officers are working with local schools to advise and reassure pupils and parents.”
The attacker targeted:
- A 13-year-old in Ravens Way, Lee at 8.20am on Friday, June 30
- An 11-year-old in Edward Tyler Road, Lee at around 1.15pm on Tuesday, August 29
- A 13-year-old in Vicars Hill, Lewisham, at 8.20am on Wednesday, September 27
- An 11-year-old in Alanthus Close, Lee, at around 8.15am on Thursday, September 28
- A 13-year-old in Frank Burton Close, Charlton, at 4.30pm on the same day
- A 13-year-old in Kidbrooke Park Road, Lee, at 9.30am on Thursday, October 5
- A 27-year-old just 10 minutes later in the same road
- A 25-year-old in Liskeard Gardens, Lee, less than 25 minutes after that
- An 11-year-old in Honor Oak Road, Honor Oak, at 4pm on Monday, October 16.
Anyone who has information which could assist the investigation should call Greenwich CID on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111. Alternatively Tweet @MetCC.