Duo plead guilty to manslaughter in the stabbing of security guard on New Year’s Day


Two men have been convicted of manslaughter following the death of a man on New Year’s Day.

Tudor Simionov, 33, was fatally stabbed as he worked as a security guard at a private party on January 1 2019.

Following a six-week trial at the Old Bailey, Adam Khalil 21 from Brent, and Haroon Akram 26, from Hammersmith and Fulham pleaded guilty to manslaughter on the second day of the trial, while Ahmed Munajed 26, also from Hammersmith and Fulham, pleaded guilty to violent disorder.

Nor Hamada 24 from Brent was found guilty of violent disorder on September 2 and not guilty of GBH. The jury were unable to reach a verdict on him in respect of charges of murder and a further GBH.

They will be sentenced at the same court at a later date.

The jury found Adham El Shalakany 24 of Hammersmith and Fulham, not guilty of violent disorder, while Shaymaa Lamrani 26 of Hillingdon, was found not guilty of perverting the course of justice.

The court heard that Mr Simionov had been employed to assist with security at a party at 80 Park Lane on December 31 2018.

At around 5.30am, the defendants attempted to gain entry to the premises but were refused access by the door staff.

An altercation followed during which a number of door staff were injured, many receiving stab and slash wounds.

CCTV of the incident showed Mr Simionov was stabbed at two minutes later as he attempted to intervene in an attack on a colleague.

Despite the efforts of the emergency services he was pronounced dead at the scene.

A post-mortem gave the cause of death as a single stab wound to the chest.
Detectives from the Met’s Specialist Crime command launched a murder investigation and via CCTV identified the group travelling through a nearby garage forecourt on their way to the party.

Footage played in court showed the six-minute altercation in which a number of victims were violently attacked before Mr Simionov received his
fatal wound.

No weapons have been found. Following the attack, the attendants fled the scene in cars.

In the days following the murder, Khalil fled to Morocco and after returning to London was arrested at his home address on January 29.

Munajed was arrested on January 22 while Akram was arrested on January 29.

Ossama Hamed, 26, of Hillingdon, is believed to have been involved in the altercation and remains wanted by police.

Detectives are keen to hear from anyone who may have information on his whereabouts.

His last known location was in Morocco but it is possible that he has travelled on from there. He is not believed to be in the UK.

Acting Detective Chief Inspector Garry Moncrieff, who led the investigation, said: “This was a sustained and brutal attack in which the defendants acted
together as a group and were intent on causing serious harm to anyone who stood in their way.

“Their actions that night have left Tudor’s family completely devastated and their lives will never be the same.

“These men attempted to evade police but thanks to a painstaking investigation which included hundreds of hours trawling through CCTV and mobile phone footage, they are now likely to be spending a long time behind bars and off our streets.

“We believe Ossama Hamed played a significant role in this attack and we are determined to find him and get Tudor’s family the justice they deserve.

“Anyone who thinks they may know his whereabouts or has any information which could help lead us to him is urged to call the incident room on 0208 358 0300.”

A retrial will commence in due course in respect of the charge of murder against Nor Hamada.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *