Charlton’s first-team squad has been decimated by injuries this season and striker Lyle Taylor says that their luck must turn soon.
Jason Pearce’s name was added to the growing absentee list after hurting his ankle during Saturday’s defeat at Barnsley, with Billy Clarke, Lewis Page, Joe Aribo, Josh Cullen, Igor Vetokele and Jake Forster-Caskey all out for the foreseeable future at the moment.
“It’s ridiculous,” bemoaned Taylor, who has bagged 13 goals in all competitions so far this campaign.
“You couldn’t in your wildest dreams imagine the injuries we keep getting. I don’t understand how it’s possible that we keep getting these injuries. It has to turn, surely it has to turn. We’re welcoming Naby Sarr back [from suspension] and I suppose the young lads involved or in and around it will have to pick up the slack as they’ll be involved.”
The January transfer window is just around the corner and Taylor expects the Addicks to take the opportunity bolster their ranks.
“That’s probably the target,” he said.
“Let’s be honest, most football clubs in any position will be looking to strengthen somewhere. Let’s face it, numbers-wise we’re down. I’m sure the powers that be will be looking for players and filling potential positions. It’s not for me to comment on now, that’s the manager’s job. I’m sure the manager and those that do that job, I know they’re more than capable of doing that job and bringing players in Let’s hope that we can do what we can do and the boys that are injured can get back and we can start pushing again.”