Care workers and volunteers have been honoured in Bexley.
About half a dozen awards were given out to care workers at the ceremony at the Civic Offices in Bexleyheath on October 19.
The dedicated carers also enjoyed a lunch accompanied by music from one of Townley Grammar School’s Year 11 students, Jeannie.
Bexley’s cabinet member for adult services, Cllr Brad Smith, presented all nominees with a certificate and a pin badge.
Winners of each category were awarded a special glass trophy by the Mayor of Bexley, Cllr Brian Bishop.
Cllr Smith said: “These awards celebrate and recognise the excellent support and care and the many good news stories in the field of social care that don’t get as much publicity and praise as they deserve.”
The public sent in 87 nominations for 31 people and 22 organisations based in Bexley after nominations opened in July.
Across all the nominations, 30 care and support organisations were mentioned or represented.
The awards judging panel whittled down the entries to one clear winner for each of the eight categories.
The winners were:
- Team or Individual, Home Care – Jennifer Spencer, Megan Howell, Lydia Osei-Tutu and Jackie Taylor
- Team or Individual, Community Care – Lynda Munns
- Team or Individual, Learning Disability Services – Lydia Daku-Mante
- Volunteer – Viny Poon
- Home Care Organisation – Nomase Care Ltd
- Community Care Organisation – Evergreen Care Bexley
- Residential Care Organisation – Groveland Park Care Home
- Learning Disability Services Organisation – Bexley Mencap