Tuesday, September 26, 2017
Appeal after man is left partially blinded

Appeal after man is left partially blinded


A 37-year-old man has been left blinded in one eye after a night out. Police said the victim went to a nightclub in Vauxhall at about 11pm on Saturday.

His next memory is waking up in a central London hospital on Sunday evening, with a serious eye trauma that has resulted in a permanent loss of sight.

He also found that his phone and some of his personal property was missing.

Detective Constable Julie Lyons, of Lambeth CID, said: “We are desperate to find out how this man received this terrible injury.

“We have made enquiries at the nightclub and we believe the injuries did not happen there. The victim has suffered a terrible trauma to one of his eyes and I would appeal to anyone who might be able assist to call police. “At this time we have not been able to find out how and where he was hurt, or even how he got to hospital, and your call may be vital in helping us understand what happened.” Officers would like to speak to anyone who saw the victim. He is described as black with light skin, 5ft 8ins tall and of medium build. He was wearing black jeans, a black T-shirt with flowers on the sleeve and a black hat. He was carrying a navy blue bowling style bag. Any witnesses, or anyone with any information, is asked to call officers at Lambeth via 101 or contact via Twitter @MetCC. To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.

Paul Lagan is a highly experienced journalist with more than 30 years experience in regional print and digital journalism. Paul has worked as a sports reporter, sub-editor, chief sub-editor and production editor at Newsquest South London, overseeing the implementation of their suite of award-winning websites. As well as a specialist sports reporter covering Chelsea FC for the London Weekly News group of newspapers, Paul is also a sub-editor at the South London Press.


Appeal after man is left partially blinded